Integrity Collaboration Quality Learning
The Buck Institute for Education holds these core values about how we work:
• Act with Integrity. We are honest and adhere to strong moral and mission driven principles in all of our endeavors. We have direct and productive conversations with our colleagues in BIE and with our partners.
• Collaborate productively. We believe collaboration creates synergy and richer solutions. We seek the expertise of others to ensure our work is most effective. We work in teams as needed, and consider the consequences of our decision for others. We make and keep agreements and demonstrate our respect for our colleagues and partners.
• Strive for Quality. We are committed to working at the highest possible standard in service of our internal and external partners and to the field of education. We hold ourselves accountable for delivering on our commitments.
• Persist in Learning. We are courageous, innovative and take calculated risks in achieving our mission. We consider failure as an opportunity to learn and grow. We are reflective and persistent in our learning.
We hold the following beliefs, which speak directly to the reasons why we are committed to our vision:
• Project Based Learning transforms students by inspiring them to think differently about themselves as learners, collaborators, and leaders.
• Project Based Learning prepares students for academic, personal, and career success; what’s more, it readies young people to rise to the challenges of their lives and the world they will inherit.
• Project Based Learning leads students to master core academic content and builds critical thinking, problem solving, collaboration, communication, and self-management skills.
• Project Based Learning advances educational equity and empowers youth furthest from opportunity.
• Project Based Learning enables teachers to make a difference in their students’ lives—academically, socially, and emotionally—and to experience the joy of teaching.